The CS8 is, effectively, three pianos in a single instrument: you can get the sounds of the highly acclaimed concert grand pianos, the “Shigeru Kawai EX” and the legendary “EX” as well as the two metre model, the “Shigeru Kawai SK-5″ in your very own home.
The CS8 digital piano utilises Kawai’s latest Grand Feel II wooden-key keyboard action. All of the eighty-eight black and white keys are crafted entirely from long pieces of wood; these ‘Grand Feel II’ keys are longer than any other digital piano keyboard action. The hammers are graded in a size and weight to replicate the heavier bass and lighter treble notes of an acoustic grand piano.
The Grand Feel II action also features counterweights placed within each key which help to lighten the touch of the keyboard during pianissimo passages, while adding a feel of greater substance when playing with force.
The keyboard action even reproduces the subtle let-off sensation felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very softly, satisfying the expectations of even the most discerning pianists.
Finally, the Grand Feel II keyboard action features Kawai’s Ebony & Ivory Touch key surfaces. These finely textured materials gently absorb moisture to assist playing control, and possess a natural, matte finish that is smooth, but not slippery.
This digital has numerous other technical features and innovations, as you would expect from Kawai. This is a handsome looking piano, too, with polished ebony casing and silver hardware parts.
- Steinway & Sons - Model B
- Steinway & Sons Model A (1961)
- Shigeru Kawai SK-6
- Shigeru Kawai SK-2
- SOLD - Steinway and Sons Model B (1899)
- Boston GP-178 PE by Steinway and Sons
- Schimmel I168T
- Boston GP-178 - Pre-owned
- Kawai GX2
- Kawai GL-50
- Kawai GL-30
- Kawai GL-10
- Kawai GL Series
- Essex by Steinway and Sons
- Arts & Crafts Pianos
- Upright Pianos £10000 and over
- Upright Pianos £5000 to £9999
- Upright Pianos £2500 to £4999
- Upright Pianos up to £2499
- Digital Pianos
Piano Restoration Examples
- John Broadwood & Sons - Satinwood (1911)
- Steinway & Sons - Model O (1921)
- Steinway & Sons - Model A (1905)
- Steinway & Sons - Model B (1907)
- Steinway & Sons - Model B (1914)
- Steinway & Sons - Model A (1896)
- Steinway & Sons - Model D (1963)
- Steinway & Sons - Model O (1901)
- Steinway & Sons - Model D (1900)
- Steinway & Sons - Model O (1905)
- Steinway & Sons - Model B (1901)
- Steinway & Sons - Model B (1893)
- Broadwood - Upright (1904)
- Piano Makers
- Piano Stools
- Finance (Hire to Buy)